A union representing pilots at Germany’s Lufthansa has called for a three-day strike next week in a long-running pay dispute.
The Vereinigung Cockpit union said it is calling on pilots to walk off the job next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, April 2-4. The union said Friday it is currently ruling out any further strikes until the end of the Easter vacation.
Last week, the union said pilots at Lufthansa, Lufthansa Cargo and the company’s budget airline Germanwings had voted by a huge majority for strike action. Among other issues in the dispute, the union says Lufthansa has failed to make a “negotiable offer” during two years of pay negotiations.
TravelPapa.com have just received a Lufthansa’s Notification of pilot’s union strike action, April 2-4 2014.
Dear travel partner,
The pilots’ union, Vereinigung Cockpit, has called its members in Lufthansa, Lufthansa Cargo and Germanwings out on a continuous, three-day strike at all German airports from 00:00 hours on Wednesday, April 2 until 23.59 hours on Friday, April 4, 2014. Lufthansa will make decisions about flight cancellations and alternative means of transport during the course of Monday, March 31, 2014. <…>
The following goodwill policy applies with immediate effect: any passenger with a booked Lufthansa or Germanwings flight on an LH document for the period from April 2-4, 2014, whose ticket has been issued no later than March 28, 2014, may rebook once free of charge. The following rules apply to these rebookings:
– Rebooking on an alternative Lufthansa Group flight/connection (flight number and operated by: LH, LX, OS, SN, 4U)
– in the original booking class or alternatively within the same class of carriage
– New travel date no later than September 30, 2014
– Rebooking on an alternative Lufthansa flight which is operated by another airline – in the original booking class only
– The departure and destination points for the journey must remain unchanged. Exception: rebooking/reissue to an alternative nearby departure/destination airport within Germany, e.g. DUS instead of CGN, HAM instead of HAJ.
– In the case of reissues the endorsement entry should read: 0614
Read full goodwill policy here.
For refunds of tickets that are not affected by flight cancellations, the fare conditions apply.
Please note that by LH guidelines, utilization of Goodwill policies regarding ticket re-issues on LH 220 tickets can be done by travel agents if the change applies exclusively to and from any LH Group Airline (LH, LX, OS or SN) marketed and operated flights – same booking class as original must be used. All other ticket exchanges are restricted to LH only or contact your LH Service Team.
Lufthansa regrets any inconvenience that you and your customers may face as a result of any strike action, and is making every effort to keep the effects to a minimum.
Thank you for your support. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Lufthansa Sales and Service Team.